These rules and etiquette guidelines help to ensure fair and balanced play. RCGA rules govern play except where modified by local rules.
Rules of Play
- RED STAKES define lateral water hazards.
- YELLOW STAKES define water hazards.
- WHITE STAKES define out of bounds.
- Relief may be taken without penalty from staked or tagged trees, buildings, control boxes, yardage markers, paths, benches, sprinkler heads and ground under repair.
- Course Marshals have full discretion in enforcing course rules and speed of play.
- OUT OF BOUNDS – fence lines and white stakes. Do not trespass on private property.
- Golfers are fully responsible for any damages caused on private property.
- Remember the THREE “R’s”: REPLACE your divots, RAKE bunkers and REPAIR all ball marks.
- Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. No denim blue jeans, cut-off shorts, swim shorts or t-shirts. NO METAL SPIKES.
- All yardages are measured to the centre of the green. Sandstone rocks – 150 yards. Fairway discs: BLACK = 250; BLUE = 200; WHITE = 150; RED = 100 yards.
- The striped black and white pole on the fairway indicates 150 yards to the centre of the green. On par 5 holes there is also a striped pole at 250 yards.
- Hole positions are indicated by a small marker flag on the pin: RED = front; WHITE = middle; BLUE = back.
- Golf carts must STOP at all road crossings: exercise caution!
- Power carts must stay on paths.
- No outside liquor allowed. ALCB regulations apply.
- LOCAL LYNX RIDGE RULES
- The driving range left of Hole #1 is out of bounds. The gorge on the left side of Hole #3 is a lateral water hazard.
- The roadways, parking lots and maintenance compound are out of bounds.
- To help with pace of play, “Drop Areas” have been provided on Holes #3, 8 14 and 17.
- Dress must be in keeping with golf course tradition.
- Men – Slacks, tailored shorts, shirts with sleeves and collars. No denim blue jeans. No board or athletic shorts. No sweatpants.
- Women – Sport shirts, tailored shorts with a 5 inch inseam, skirts, slacks, skorts. Collarless shirts must have sleeves; sleeveless shirts must have a collar. No denim blue jeans.
Pace of Play
- Each foursome will be expected to keep pace with the group in front of them. Course Marshals will monitor the pace of play.